AV Technical Warehouse Manager
Please note that you must have audio-video / technical skills and experience for this role. You will need to display a passion for the industry and be willing to learn about new equipment and technology.
Duties and Responsibility
- Dictate a functional and clearly labeled layout for all shelving and equipment within the warehouse
- Ensure the handling, storage, and assembly of equipment and orders are carried out in accordance with the company’s procedures and policies.
- Maintain standards of presentation and functionality of rental equipment, in accordance with the company’s preparation procedures and as directed. This includes visually, electrically, and operationally.
- Maintain and update inventory control systems and update stock levels on all rental assets and stock items.
- Overcome & solve any equipment shortfall or unavailability
- Take responsibility for maintaining relevant levels of spare parts, materials, and consumables items.
- Provide and coordinate out-of-hours support and advice to the Operations team, and the company’s clients, as outlined in the companies out of hours procedures.
- Undertake and manage stock check on all rental and sales stock items, as scheduled and as required.
- Ensure that all equipment is swiftly and efficiently returned to a hireable condition and neatly stored. • Take responsibility for the completion of PAT test certificates for each order and the operation and development of the company’s PAT test systems and software.
- Assist Operations team with the servicing, preparation, cleaning, and packaging of the company’s rental equipment, within the company’s warehouse, as workload dictates.
- Deal with customers, crew, and drivers visiting the company’s premises to collect / prep orders and equipment.
- Maintenance and repair of the full range of the company’s rental stock. Ensure all damaged or faulty equipment is swiftly repaired and returned to operational condition.
- Ensure all sub-hired equipment is returned punctually and complete, to eliminate additional costs from sub-hire suppliers.
- Loading and unloading of equipment from vehicles. The role involves a large element of manual handling of bulky and heavy technical equipment.
- Be responsible for any other duties associated with the delivery of live events as expected by the Senior AV Technicians or Project Managers. Take overall responsibility for the punctual and complete preparation and dispatch of rental equipment orders made by the sales and/or operations team.
- Ensure all equipment dispatched is prepared and tested in accordance with the company’s procedures and policies.
Candidate Profile – About You
The skills, qualities, and qualifications required from candidates are as follows:
- Good communications / interpersonal skills. A fluent speaker of the English language.
- Ability to lead and manage a team.
- Flexible and adaptable. Able to respond to short-notice changes in working hours and schedules.
- Practical ability in the use of hand tools and test equipment.
- Electrical and electronics knowledge is an advantage.
- Full UK Driving Licence, to include categories B (cars and vehicles up to 3500kg).
- Clean driving license preferred
- Previous knowledge of lighting / audio / video / technical / scenic and staging equipment.
- Good knowledge and experience in warehouse management.
- Good IT knowledge with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word / Outlook etc.
- Preferably good knowledge of a stock control system
- Numerate. Basic maths skills and arithmetic required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- A proactive, self-motivated individual capable of working on their own initiative in a constantly changing and pressurized environment and fast-developing company.
- The ability to work as a member of a team and to provide and receive input from other team members is vital.
Perception Live is a live, hybrid, and virtual events production company offering live event build, virtual event streaming services, digital event products, and turnkey studio hire. We are looking for an AV Technical Warehouse Manager to support our team. This role is office based in London and offers a starting salary range of £25,000 per annum.
Core working hours for this role are 08:30 – 17:30 on weekdays with occasional weekends.
To apply, please complete the application form below.