What is project management?
‘At its most fundamental, project management is about people getting things done,’
At its most fundamental, project management is about people getting things done.
With Perception it represents the overseeing of project processes with the benefit of years in the technical event production industry. Through the application of methods, knowledge, skills and experience, we can achieve the desired objectives for any project.
For Perception, project management is the most crucial factor to any event: it doesn’t start when the event does, it starts as soon as we receive an enquiry.
The sooner that we take care of the planning and coordination of power and audio production, cable runs and technician management, the better. With multiple considerations like these to be taken into account before any event takes places, our early stage preparations ensure there are no complications further down the line.
We like to think of our projects as a promise to achieve collaboratively planned objectives for each and every event. These objectives can be defined in terms of output, outcomes and benefits.
Working with your acceptance criteria, including an agreed timescale and budget, we strive to achieve the best possible performance.
The core components of project management with Perception are:
- Defining the reason why the event is taking place.
- Capturing project requirements, specifying quality of the deliverables, estimating resources and timescales;
- Preparing a business case to justify the investment;
- Securing corporate agreement and funding;
- Developing and implementing a management plan for the project;
- Leading and motivating the project delivery team;
- Managing the risks, issues and changes on the project;
- Monitoring progress against plan;
- Managing the project budget;
- Maintaining communications with stakeholders and the project organisation;
- Provider management;
- Closing the project in a controlled fashion when appropriate.